Sunday, August 7, 2011

Shark week!

It is no secret that I am huge fan of Shark Week on discovery channel. I look forward to watching it every year. This year, I've just recorded the shows each night to watch the next day. I stumbled about a relatively tame one called Shark City, it chronicled the day of many animals in the reef by giving them each names and telling a story about their life that day. I thought it would be a good intro for Sean into Shark week! He loved it! He watched the whole thing and when he learned something new, he'd say, "I didn't know that!". For instance, I guess he didn't know that when sting rays are hiding from predators (sharks!) that they often bury themselves in the sand. He would also point out fish that he saw at previous aquariums like the lion fish. I am sure that won't be his last shark week experience! At this point, luckily, he has no idea that sharks ever attack humans or can be mean. He still thinks they are cool and would love to go swimming with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment