Friday, August 1, 2014

It is just a chair!

I know it is just a chair but I had a moment of sadness when I rocked Carter to bed for the last time. The reason we are getting rid of the glider is because when Carter's new bed is made (her crib is also a double bed) there is just not enough room for it in her room. So, since we were done with it, we decided it'll be better used at Anne's house with her new baby due in a couple of weeks. Giving it to our future nephew is a no-brainer, however, I was sad to see it go!

That chair was put in that room in 2008 when I was pregnant. I would often go and sit in there before Sean was born and wonder what was in store for us. Of course we used it for 3 years with Sean in that room and when Carter was born, it became hers. There are a lot of memories of late night feedings and lots of bedtime stories that were read in that chair. I know there are new great things to come but saying goodbye to that chair was like admitting one thing I didn't want to: Carter is a little girl now. No longer a baby or toddler. A little girl and she is growing up so fast!

Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment