Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Please just go to sleeeeeep

Since birth I have said goodnight to Sean, sang him songs, said prayers, snuggled and walked away. He has never once gotten out of his bed to ask for water or call my name or need something. This is the exact opposite of Carter. Every.single.night she is difficult to put to bed. She never stays in her room, she is always up late reading, and she is constantly calling my name after I have put her to bed. A lot of nights she is up after I am! We followed the same process as with Sean but clearly she just is a different kid! Most recently, she must have been jumping or messing around on her bed  and she knocked off a letter from her name.. She came downstairs and we said to put it back and go to sleep. Wait....another 10 minutes go by and she comes back downstairs hysterically about the letter T which has fallen off her wall and gone behind her bed. She desperately needs Daddy to get that letter and put it back on the wall. Dan and I both respond the same--just wait til tomorrow and someone will find the letter and put it back on. This puts her into even bigger hysterics, she says, "But then I will just be C A R E R without the T" Oh lord. Dan and I burst out in laughter at her dramatic response and then Dan proceeds to go find the T and hang it back up for her. We would hate for her to be "CAR ER" for a night. That T is important. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment