Friday, June 16, 2017

Saying goodbye is hard!

I have been driving to Jack and Jill school for 7 years. Sean attended there for 3 years and then when he went to Kindergarten Carter started there and has been there for the past 4 years. So, it has been our routine for a long time! Today, I drove there to drop her off for the last time. Don't get me wrong, I am super excited about the next chapter for Carter and about her going to kindergarten next year and especially excited about not having to pay for her school anymore....but it did make me sad to drop her off that one last time. When I pulled in to the parking lot to pick her up that one last time I had a pit in my stomach because I knew it would be hard for her. Even months ago she had made comments about how she didn't want summer to come because she knew that she couldn't go to Jack and Jill anymore. So, when we were leaving we walked around and said our goodbyes to the teachers and a few of her close friends. Then we walked very slowly to the car. . .. She got into the car and she just lost it. She started crying and said, "I just don't want it to be my last day". It hurt me so much to see her so sad but it wasn't the kind of pain that a parent can take away from a child. At some point, all kids experience this pain of having to move on and growing up. I held back my tears and told her it would be ok and told her about all the fun things we would do this summer and tried to distract her but I felt the sadness too. I'll never forget the impact that Jack and Jill had on my children. Having a place that you can take your kids everyday where you feel like they love your kids as much as you do is just the best. I know she'll remember her time and cherish all the memories they made. 

But now it is summer and we have lots of fun things to look forward to!!




No comments:

Post a Comment