Sunday, July 11, 2010

"Me scared"

Sean has been very verbal lately about the things he is scared of. A couple months ago there was a huge thunderstorm that came through and he got nervous and sat on my lap for about an hour during and after the storm. Accidentally, during a loud clap of thunder I was startled and he jumped because he sensed that I was scared. Well...ever since then he has been scared of thunders storms. We haven't had a lot lately (unfortunately because we need the rain) but on Thursday he was woken up by thunder during his nap. When I went in there to get him he said, "mommy, me scared!". Then later on after the rain stopped the sun came out and he said, "mommy me no scared, rain go away". So for some reason he now associates rain with thunder and therefore being scared. Today, we asked him about the fireworks last week and he said, "me too scared!'. Then, we went outside to play and Dan had the sprinkler on and he said, "me scared, rain". So, he is now scared of.....everything! ha ha I am sure it is a phase that will pass and I will be sure not to jump anymore during thunderstorms! Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment