Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sports Camp

Sean was aprehensive about going to sports camp at Dan's school (Dan coaches with the teacher who runs the camp). It is geared at kids his age and they explore a bunch of sports each day. It sounded like fun so we pushed Sean into going. The first day when I dropped him off I got a huge pouty lip and sad face as I walked out. He was so nervous about going to camp. When I picked him up he seemed like he was having fun and shared about what was the most fun part of camp that day. I am sure the Slurpee I bribed him with helped him hold back the tears as I departed that morning. After being outside in the heat all day he sure did enjoy that slurpee.

The next day he was excited to go to camp and so when I parked the car and walked him to the tennis courts he happily went on. The third day, Dan took him and he told Dan only to walk him halfway up the sidewalk and he could go the rest of the way alone (like the other kids). Today, I just parked and he jumped out of the car telling me not to walk him at all. What a change! He loved going and had a great time!

Most days we went straight to the pool after I picked him up until 2 or 3 and he was so tired he fell asleep on the couch each day. He hasn't taken a nap in a year! He was so worn out but a good worn out!
You can tell he is nervous on Day 1.

Day 4 (last day)

So proud of him!



Getting ready for tennis

He liked tennis!

What a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment