Friday, February 19, 2010

"Weech"

Yesterday, Sean and I got home from school and he immediately asked to sit in his seat. He often confuses "seat", with "eat". So, if he wants to play play-doh, he'll say "eat" so that he can sit in his seat. Well, he said "eat", so I strapped him into the seat. He kept repeating, "weech", over and over again. I thought he was talking about a snack so I pulled out several options for him from the pantry. Nope, not what he wanted. Hmmm...so then I decided to get him out of his seat and let him show me what he meant. He went to the fridge and said it again, "weech", and so I opened the fridge and showed him to see if he could point to it. But then I realized he was pointing to the top of the fridge. I looked up to see the play-doh on the top. DUH! He was saying "reach, mommy". He wanted me to reach and get the play-doh for him. He knew what he was saying all along!

No comments:

Post a Comment