Sunday, May 6, 2012

Race for the Cure Weekend

We were so lucky to be able to take part of the Bliss for the Cure-Race for the Cure team in my mom's honor. A co-worker from Volvo organized the team and rallied everyone to raise almost 10,000 dollars!! Dan and I ran the 5K (in the sweltering heat up the giant hills) and everyone else walked a mile. Sean ran across the finish line with Auntie and her friend and said, "I winned the race!" He kept telling everyone that all day. It was his first and hopefully not last race. It was a great day overall and even though my mom wasn't strong enough to walk her mile, we know she'll be able to walk it next year! We also had a lot of fun since Auntie got a new puppy that was a huge hit with both of the kids. Sean doesn't usually warm up to animals (he claims he gets it from me because I quote "hate puppies"--I never said that, by the way!!) but this time was different as Bokeh is about 2 lbs and not very scary! He loved holding her and playing with her and Carter chased after her all day!
 
 Group pic before the Race
 A survivor and a "previvor". After the race.
 Carter hanging with Nama at the Volvo Tent
 The shirts for our team
 A little corn hole action
 Meet Bokeh
 Sean loved her!
 Snuggling

Carter was amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment