Monday, September 3, 2012

Goodbye Summer.

Is this really happening? Is it really the LAST day of summer? I mean the weather isn't showing that summer is over but it seems the first day of school is signaling and end to the fun. We did have a great summer with a lot of fun and a lot of vacations! At the beginning of summer Carter was a baby, crawling, putting stuff in her mouth and just learning how to cruise around the furniture. Now, she is almost 1 year old, walks/runs everywhere, plays with toys, talks, and just makes us laugh all the time. Sean is so grown up also. Earlier tonight Dan told him not to drop the toys into a big box and he said back, "Dad don't worry, I am not going to drop anything that is fragile". He said it is this "duh" voice. Sean is certainly ready for school as demonstrated by the excessive amount of time he spends getting himself into trouble. He needs something more than just playing at home with us and he needs a little space from his sister. I hope the transition is smooth tomorrow. This is the first year that he has literally started the first day of school. Since he was at my parents house all last week he hasn't been to his school since he left in June. Carter's transition to her sitters was great. The first day she clung to me a bit but then once she saw the toys she was fine and I walked out with no tears (for her OR me!). The second day she cried a bit when Dan left but since then, no tears and some days she isn't even that eager to leave! ha ha

Sean is in Pre-k, Carter is going back to the same sitters, Dan is starting school as a math teacher for the 10th year and I am starting my first day of school of my 9th year as a counselor. Where does the time go?!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment