Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"Mees"

Sean's vocabulary is growing faster than I can post about on my blog! Everyday I hear him say a new word, in context, that I don't particularly remember teaching him! This weekend while reading a book with Grama, he pointed at a giraffe and said, "tall". I was impressed. I am continually impressed with his memory as well. He has over the past few months given several family members specific match box cars to call their "own". He also has one of his own that he has been playing with since the summer (it actually is one of Dan's cars from when he was a child). I have a car, daddy has a car, even grama, poppy, nana, poppy, aunt Anne all have cars. The amazing thing is that he remembers which car is each person's. If you line them all up and ask him to point to each one he will show you which car is poppy's or aunt Anne's. My favorite is what he calls his own car....."mees". While he has several new vocabulary words each day "mine" isn't one of them! If he sees anything of his, he'll say, "mees". I think it is so cute and I am sure in a week or so he'll grow out of it. But, until then, I am enjoying it!

2 comments:

  1. Claire used to do the EXACT same thing with the cars...even I couldnt remember whose was whose but she did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cool that she played with cars too. Guess you already have some ready for Landon to play with!

    ReplyDelete