Friday, November 4, 2011

"But I don't want to take a nap!"

I've been battling with Carter all week trying to get her to take a nap. Yes, it is wonderful that she sleeps through the night and she is an angel when she is not tired, but at some point she has to give in and NAP! She fights going to sleep like it is actual torture. So, I've been trying a new method where I put her in the crib half awake and encourage her to go to sleep on her own (I won't even go into how long this takes and what I have to do to get this to happen!). It was pretty ugly the first day but since then it is improving. It is still a huge production to get her to fall asleep but hopefully we are on the right track. After a whole day of hoping to get her to fall asleep, this is how we find her while we are eating dinner. I guess she is proving to me who is boss!!I feel like she is saying, "I'll take a nap, where and when I want to mommy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment