Monday, December 19, 2011

Goodbye fancy dining room, hello playroom.

For years I've said that I would never have a playroom in my dining room. I would never want someone to walk in my house and see a room full of toys. I held strong for quite a while and now finally gave in. They don't have to walk far to see a room full of toys--our living room! With having two kids and a fairly small house the "kid stuff" was literally over taking our living room. So, we decided for a little make-over. We put the dining room table up in the attic and brought down a big comfy chair that we already had. Sean's train table came downstairs and we moved all the toys out of the living room. It is amazing how fast you can fill up a room with just one little boy's toys! Carter hardly even has anything in there, yet! Sean is pretty happy with our decision, obviously. He has been playing in there all day and is super excited to have space for all of his toys in one place. We were even able to find a relatively inexpensive storage unit to keep everything organized. I was excited to use labels to organize everything. Now, if he just keeps it like that, we'll be all set!

Looks a little different now!
For their projects and art work.
A big comfy chair for us to sit in.
Sean has been using the train table to play on with other toys.
Nice and organized and a few bins are even empty in anticipation of what is to come after Christmas!Love me some labels!! I hope he uses them. (he better!)

1 comment:

  1. You sound just like me. I'm so glad we changed our "front room" into a kids room complete with train table and storage bins. It is the first room you see when you walk in our house, but I don't care. The rest of the house is toy free (almost

    Your room looks great!

    ReplyDelete